Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Repast Begins

I turn 27 this week.

I’m not usually one for resolutions. You won’t catch me scrawling a list on New Year’s Eve, or writing a check for a new gym membership as soon as the swimsuits hit the racks each spring. Heck, I can barely stick with a plan for dinner.

But this is different.

My 28th year takes off in a state of flux, and it’s high time to try something new.

As such: a list of goals for the coming year.

Finishing my master’s degree is a fine start; I would love to break the five-mile mark on a run; and it wouldn’t hurt to finally get those pictures from that trip to Italy in an album.

But a good place to inaugurate this set of aspirations is here. Writing, cooking and eating are all activities I’ve participated in well enough for the better half of my 27 years, and I’ve been waiting for the chance to weave them all together. This is it.

Happy Birthday, Repast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home